Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The First of (Hopefully) Many

After months of people (mainly one) trying to convince me to start a blog, I finally sat down and did it! I love reading others' blogs and seeing pictures, so I figured with a baby a little over 22 weeks away from being here, I'd go ahead and start one to document the pregnancy and of course the baby (and other things, too).
Life is going well. We couldn't be more excited with a baby on the way. We just celebrated our 1st anniversary at the end of May, my completion of graduate school, finishing painting and fixing up the outside of our house, and and are now starting to prepare for the most special thing of our lives--our baby! We will find out if it's a boy or girl on July 15. My mom is coming into town a few days before that, so I couldn't be more excited that she will be here with us when we find out the big news. Most people are thinking it's a girl....either because it's what they really think or because a girl is certainly due in both of our families. There are so many sons, grandsons, and nephews on both of our sides, and barely any daughters, granddaughters, and neices! Either way, we'll find out in only 9 days and will be VERY excited either way. We have not got our hopes set on one way or another. I have taken two pictures so far of my pregnant "belly," but will save them to post until I take a few more and you can actually tell that I'm growing. Stay tuned.

6 comments:

  1. Yeah! You will now be on my google reader!

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooo...who kept asking you to start a blog? man, they deserve an award or something! YAYYYY!! FINALLY! love you, sister. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool ! The folks in Texas are very anxious to keep up with you, Daniel, and the wonderful addition that is on the way. I am so excited for you guys. I think you will understand soon, the wonder of a child. You shall see soon what all parents see in a newborn. You will be so excited to teach, mold, & instruct your little bundle of joy. You just need to remember to cherish the moment and live everyday to the fullest. Everyday will be a new experience and you will be thrilled and so excited by the silliest things, such as a little fart, or disgusting alienlike poo that you swear could not come out of a human yet your little baby. Good Luck, and post when you can ! Love ya...E !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so excited!!! I am following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your new little bundle on the way! Being a mom is trying at times, but their is not greater reward than seeing your little one learn and grow every day! It is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a ball hanging out with Emily and Daniel..one big highlight was finding a cute baby resale shop! I already miss my gal and her baby boy bump, but will get to see her in 5 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete