Sunday, July 18, 2010

We're Having A......

My mom was here since last Tuesday afternoon and (sadly) left today. We had a great time hanging out and enjoying the time together. She originally was going to come for the Fourth of July week, but since I had an appointment to find out the sex of the baby this week, I convinced her to wait and come this week. I'm glad she did. (I'll post another blog later this week about my time with my mom)

On Thursday, we finally found out what I've been carrying in my tummy for 19.5 weeks now---A BABY BOY!!!! The appointment was at 4:00pm that afternoon. Daniel wanted it in the afternoon so that he could take off early and not have to return to work after the exciting news. Mom and I got up that day, ate breakfast and lunch at home, and then went up to my school to work in my "new" (I had to change classrooms at the end of the year to give the SS teacher a larger room) classroom so that I'll be a little more prepared once preplanning starts. It helped kill the time until 4:00 and kept the anxiety down. After about an hour and a half of working in the room, I was tired and wanted to go home and "wait it out" until 4:00. Daniel got home, and we all just hung around the house until 3:30 and then left the house and headed that way. We met Daniel's mom at the doctor's office.

It didn't take long for me to see what he was---less than three minutes I would say. Kristy (the lady doing the sonogram) didn't say much throughout the whole thing, so right when I saw the "boy part," I said, "Well, it's a boy isn't it?" Kristy said, "You think so?" I was so sure (it was REALLY obvious that our boy was proud of himself), so I said, "Yeah, it's a boy, right?" Sure enough, she finally made it official by saying it WAS a boy! When we were looking at his body and arms at a certain point, he even grabbed himself at one point--so there is no doubt it's a boy! Haha!

I think we were all shocked except for Daniel's mom. She kept saying that she just knew it was a boy since that's the only sex his side of the family EVER has. haha. My mom, Daniel, and I though were (for some reason) thinking it was a girl, so we had to re-adjust our thinking over the next few days....it didn't take Mom and I long to do so though with all the shopping we've gotten in the last few days. We even did both of my registries---Target and Babies R Us. Daniel's mom was funny because she just knew it was a boy and wasn't shocked at all since "Stewarts only have boys"--which has turned out to be true, yet again.

Daniel and I are thrilled to be bringing this little one into our family. It's been so much fun just the two of us (plus Lexi), but we can't wait until our world is rocked with our new baby boy! It's going to be a time of excitement as well as a WHOLE lot of learning, changing, and adapting. But I could not be any happier!

3 comments:

  1. yayyyy! so excited about baby BOY stewart!! and SUPERRRR excited about your visit to Texas! :) love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited it's a boy too! I hoped in the back of my mind that it would be. I love all the super cute stuff we picked out at Babies R Us!

    ReplyDelete